Monday, February 4, 2008

i try to treat myself once or twice a week (would be more if i could afford it) to a nice cup of goodness from the bucks.

i was enjoying my moment of bliss until I pulled off the sleeve to read "the way i see it #275" on the side of my $3.20 liquid addiction.

"when I wake up in the morning, i want to know that my family, friends and fans know what i believe in and what i'm about. that's what should be important." robert randolph

great.

so much for enjoying myself. now i'm wondering if people know what i believe in and what i'm about.

forget that … do i even know what i believe in and what i'm about?

i don't even know this randolph guy and he's invading my moment of serenity with his glaring challenge for all of us lucky Starbucks guests who happen to get the cup with the way i see it #275 on the side.


did everyone who got this message feel so attacked? or am i just feeling convicted because i can't be as confident as him (or intentional for that matter)? and why do i have to have internal dialog like this every time i get a cup from Starbucks? maybe THAT'S what i'm paying freaking $3 a cup for!

i feel another mini-series of more self discovery coming on …

so tell me. what do you believe in? what are YOU about?

4 comments:

Rick said...

If my friends and family knew what I believed and what drove me, I think I'd be dis-owned, exiled and driven out of the camp. Maybe they know as much as they want to know already?

Korey said...

I don't give a crap if my family and friends know what I'm "about." In fact, I think the world would be better off if we cared less about others knowing what we're about and more about knowing ourselves and being satisfied with that.

kim said...

For a more serene beverage experience, take your own cup. :)

krysta rinke said...

rick - thanks for being so honest.

korey - as always ... blunt and well articulated.

kim - oh kim. always there with the wise answers.