Monday, March 31, 2008

"we have the power to choose moment by moment who and how we want to be in the world." neuroanatomist jill bolte taylor

so that's where i am this monday. fully aware that i have a choice about who and how i want to be in this world according to Who i believe in and how He expects me to live.

mondays are great because it's a fresh start. it's almost like new year's day when you can make promises to yourself about the "new you" that will soon emerge from twinkie wrappers and into the locker room of the nearest Y.

so today i'm choosing to look at my current situation from a new perspective ... not sure if it'll last through the week, but that's my goal. i'm going to work out four times this week instead of the three times from last week. i will surround myself with possibilities, faith, hope and love and with a desire that they will penetrate my defeated heart.

today i will choose wisely ...

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I had these same kind of thoughts today.

Korey said...

Let's hear it for someone who can appreciate the Mondays!

I love new beginnings, and we can give ourselves a new start whenever we want. beautiful, hopeful thought that completely contradicts how I feel today, but I appreciate it nonetheless.