Tuesday, November 20, 2007

ever since i booked my flight back home for christmas, i've been craving a little midwest time.

i miss my family and my friends. i miss the quietness of winter evenings, the open space and the crisp air.

but there is another element that is becoming more difficult as i continue to build my life in california. i want the people from my past to be able to interact with my life here.

well, i got that opportunity this weekend. two of my good friends from back home decided to come out for a day (literally) and explore the madness that is now my home. it was nice for them to see what i've built here in the past year and meet the people who mean so much to me. to see my life through their eyes was so refreshing and encouraging. it brought me new hope and motivation. best of all, their love and friendship reminded me that it wouldn't hurt me to be a little more merciful, compassionate and gracious in my relationships.

i'm so thankful that they came and blessed me with a little piece of home. i'm also hoping it pacifies my craving until december :)

both of my worlds came together for a day and it was ... beautiful.

1 comment:

Korey said...

The hardest part of having loved ones far away is wanting them with you, but in your environment. you naturally want to merge the two worlds. What I wonder is this: if they were here would they be the same people? If they were here would you miss them?