Wednesday, July 9, 2008

few random thoughts ...

i watched "fight club" for the first time ever last night and have one word: brilliant.

i apologize to all of you who deeply appreciate the art of film-making for such an insult to this revered film, but i am now on your side ... if you'll have me.

it did make me wonder though ...

when people get drunk, is the person they become really the person they hope to be in real life?

similarly, when i have a ridiculous high from my grande iced coffee in the morning and hash out 10-page papers for grad school in a matter of hours (that actually sound itelligent), does that mean i'm only a good writer under the influence?

hmmm.

i do prefer my whitty and more intelligent ego to my slightly less cool regular self.

i just hope i don't have to shoot myself in the throat if my other personality takes over ...

2 comments:

mandy said...

fight club - a rather disturbing movie.

i've been drunk, and i don't think i want to be that person in the everydayness of life... i was rather annoying.

Korey said...

Since I have seen Fight Club about 160,000,000 times, I would have to say that I kind of like it.

Oh and no, the way people act when they are drunk is not necessarily who they want to be; it's much more complex, in my opinion.