Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the yogic sages say, "that all the pain in human life is caused by words, as is all the joy."

words.

words. are.

how i've defined my existence. how you ... how they have affirmed my being.

words. are.

the very weapons that suffocate my soul and torment me in broad daylight.

these. words.

they rhythmically dance around in my mind and seduce my every thought.

your. words.

linger. like a fragrance. and they soon become ...

my. words.

to be repeated for hours in my mind until only the stains are left from their tread marks.

it are these words that have seemed to nestle in the crevices and chosen to stay.

and then ...

her. words.

a desperate beggar wanting nothing but spare change let's out a cry when no one stops. and as i walk by, says very softly ...

you're beautiful.

those. words.

the first of my day. fought for joy in the pain of the last words i heard yesterday.

2 comments:

Anne Jackson said...

dammmmmit. seriously. february is too far off. my very prayer yesterday was to hear the words "you're beautiful" and they were answered, after one last desperate plea, when i drove to the post office through a random friend via text.

krysta rinke said...

we're soul sisters... so your groans may very well have been for me too. thanks for praying ... for both of us :) maybe a weekend trip to nashvegas this fall isn't such a bad idea ...