Monday, October 6, 2008

there is something that i think about nearly every time i enter a restroom where others are already occupying stalls.

"if i line the toilet with the paper cover will the person in the stall next to me be grateful that i chose sanitation? OR will they think i'm wasteful because i just contributed to our tremendous environmental issue by killing a branch and flushing into our sewer system? furthermore, if i don't choose to use the paper lining and decide to squat, how will they know that i decided to hover carefully over the bowl in an attempt to save the trees AND maintain a respectable level of sanitation?"

welcome to my brain.

note: while this battle occurs in my mind multiple times a day, i usually choose option "c: squatting" unless i am tired or wearing unstable high heels. i think it's the most bi-partisan choice and we just can't be too careful these days.

3 comments:

Korey said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This reminds me of the old "paper v. plastic" commercial they would air showing the woman at the checkstand being asked the famous question and her mind showing her first images of trees being logged then landfills full of plastic. Great imagery there. Similar imagery for the bathroom stall dilemma. The next issue I think of, is if you are squatting, and you pee on the seat, are you going to wipe it off? Because if not, you are impeding on my Freedom of (Toilet Seat Cover) Choice. If you choose to use or not use covers in a way that impedes me freedom of choice (pee on the seat = I am forced to squat as well) are you a bad American?

kim said...

what the???

aaaaaaaauuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

my response, as to all difficult political situations: move to Canada to go to the bathroom

:)

krysta rinke said...

ha! LOVE the imagery korey. it's very similar to the dramatic scene that takes place in my mind.

kim ... good answer. :)