Tuesday, June 12, 2007

There's something about wearing a great hat and stiletto heels that makes me feel so cosmopolitan ... so Sex and the City, if you will. :)

I find myself walking with much more confidence. Little sound bits of my very own soundtrack are playing over in my mind as I walk through Trader Joe's to pick up groceries. I feel so independent and in sync with the world as I walk out with my paper bag full of organic foods and my french loaf sticking out of the top of my bag.

As the breeze rustles the palm trees and the scent of the ocean passes by, I realize that I am much closer to that leading role on the movie screen than ever before. I'm living my own adventure, stepping into a world of possibilities and daring to move without blinking an eye.

What's more exhilarating than anything, is the mystery that comes with the hat and stilettos. I feel as if there is more to come ... more than what meets the eye. It's a part of me that is slowly making its way to the surface with or without the costume. Because of this, however, I am increasingly more attracted to anyone who naturally exudes spontaneity, adventure and a carefree spirit. Ha! Seemingly opposite of my structured and planned out life.

Maybe this hat and these heels are trying to tell me something.

4 comments:

kim said...

You crack me up. It IS the opening scene of a movie, right before the confident, accomplished main character finds out she's been assigned to a project with a guy she can't stand because he's too unorthodox and unpredictable, but she ultimately falls in love with him... or she finds out she's suddenly the guardian of three crazy kids, and ends up getting help from a guy she can't stand because he's too unorthodox and unpredictable, but she ultimately falls in love with him... or an alien space craft lands in her fair city and she ends up one of the two sole survivors, along with a guy she can't stand because he's too unorthodox and unpredictable, but she ultimately falls in love with him.

Never mind. Stupid formula movies.

Korey said...

First of all, I love Kim's comment!!

Second, I always feel the same leaving Trader Joe's. Why is that? Is there something so familiar about the farmers' market-type brown paper bag and classic French baguette that inspires feelings of self-assuredness and contentment? Is this a signal that you are emotionally prepared for a relationship with someone that you previously would not have been attracted to? Is that in itself a tremendous sign of growth? Remember this: formula movies are formula movies because they work; we all like them.

thispresentsojourn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thispresentsojourn said...

i sort of posted about the same thing, once: http://thispresentsojourn.com/?p=145