Tuesday, May 6, 2008

i'm not usually a huge fan of running.

my resperatory system can't really faciliate the activity and my brain doesn't have the capacity to convince the rest of my body to keep going longer than the length of a maroon 5 song.

but i'll tell you, when it comes to relational conflict where hearts are on the line (particularly mine), i'm willing to run a marathon as long as it's in the opposite direction of the problem.

my past tells me that running is necessary in certain instances. but it's becoming a blurry line now that i'm actually trying to start a new life with someone who needs me to trust him. that doesn't come easy for me within the vulnerable context of relationships where i actually have something to lose. my roommate says that God has a good sense of humor and that He knows if i have something to lose, i'll listen.

i say i should just get more stilletoes ... i can't run as fast in those.

hey, it never hurts to have reasons for new shoes ...

but on my way to mall ... i should probably start thinking about what it's going to take for me to stop running. otherwise, this could end up costing me more than i want to spend ...

2 comments:

Korey said...

You certainly must find a way to stop yourself from running. You no longer need the ability to run for safety. You are safe. And if all of life is a "fight or flight" response, then learn how to fight. Fight for your relationship. Stand your ground. He's worth it.

kali said...

In this way, you and I are one in the same, my friend.
Something happens when you decide to fight, the world shifts a little, and you wonder why you spent so much of your life running...
i love you