Thursday, June 18, 2009

it commences

wedding freak-out mode commenced this afternoon as i read through our venue contract.

i feel like my signature on this document is asking for more than the marriage itself. it's so unwavering. i mean, what if i decide i want to have the wedding elsewhere in 5 months (which can't really happen because nothing is as cheap as this and we all know i'm a tight wad). nonetheless, there is something about the never getting my deposit back that really makes me nervous.

i don't like that something could happen to the venue and i wouldn't be able to get my money back. i don't like that i can't control the conditions surrounding one of the most important days of my life.

i don't like not being in control. period. there ... i said it.

and this contract is just another reminder that i can't control everything. that i need to learn how to roll with the punches. and that sometimes trying too hard to be in control gets in the way of the things that really matter.

you know, like being with the people who love vince and i as we commit our lives to one another ... for as long as we live. little things like that.

by the way ... you tell me if i should be freaking out with a future husband as adorable as this and a venue as glorious as the one below. [virtual slaps welcome]

4 comments:

kim said...

oh just sign the stupid thing.

freak.

:)

krysta rinke said...

hahahaha!

ok. ok.

Korey O said...

SLAP!

I felt more stressed about not having signed contracts (therefore, the ball was in my court and I dropped it). When it was signed I put it in the hands of fate, and had this strange sense that everything would just BE and I would be okay with it.

Jenn said...

This reminded me of all the times we went shopping and you carried around what you wanted to buy and right before we got to the checkout you would put it back. This time DON'T PUT IT BACK! :)

Love ya!