Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm breeching insanity.

I have way too many ideas about how to move the organization I work for to the next level.

And my job is to catalyze those opportunities strategically.

I also have way too many options for causes in which to devote my spare time to at Mosaic ... areas that I'm currently passionate about because it all seems to fit into my vague vision for mobilizing leaders.

So what's a girl to do when all she needs to do is pick something and start moving forward, but she's afraid to pick something for fear that there is something more exciting looming on the horizon?

Have I written about this before? Do I really have this big of a commitment problem? How am I supposed to pave the way when I'm not patient enough to stick with one idea for longer than a few months ... weeks ... days?

I know something needs to be done. But what? What will I choose?

Ha. Maybe the question is ...

What will choose me?

1 comment:

kim said...

I don't think you have a commitment problem. You are a visionary. Judging by my experience with the visionary I'm married to, I'd say that visionaries usually/always run around with vision leaking out of them, which is amazing and valuable. I'm not like that. I'm the give-me-a-vison-and-I'll-give-you-a-ten-point-bullet-list-to-get-you-there girl. I need visionaries to speak out vision. You need nuts-n-bolts people to help you pick something so you can try moving in a specific direction for a while. And then you'll pull other people in with you. And then you'll gently step aside. And then you'll get to try something else that's new.

So, let me just say... pick something (they're all good options ) and travel that way for a while. Arms up.... head up.... wheeeeeee!!!!!!