Monday, July 30, 2007

A mere two posts ago, I raved about this city named L.A. Oh, the energy it brings and the life it feeds to my soul.

A week later, I was in the same city, in the same coffee shop, cursing the madness around me for wreaking such havoc on my brain.

How is it that something I find so much joy in, can actually be my demise when I indulge too much? Is it true that you can have too much of a good thing? Is it best to approach everything in moderation with the understanding that there is potential for an overdose that may leave me lifeless and craving a dark hole?

I'm realizing the importance of boundaries and setting time for myself. Alone.

That said, I will be in Hollywood three times this week :) Hey, there's no way I'm missing Brooke Fraser tonight at the Hotel Cafe, nor would I miss another week at The Woods and seeing Wicked at the Pantages. Don't worry, I left Tuesday and Thursday to Orange County ... the O.C. fair is in full swing and I need a funnel cake :)

Maybe next week I'll settle down.

2 comments:

Korey said...

I love this! You are realizing that you need to decide what type of structure your life craves in order to be fulfilled and happy. There are times when you have to do what is best for your psyche, no matter what the cost. That being said, you are still able to find the good in your adopted home and embrace it. You are not letting yourself become worn out, you are taking in every experience possible to invigorate your senses. Well done.

And the funnel cake is gonna rock!

kali said...

Brooke Frasier! LUCKY!

I know at times it must be exhausting, but you are truly blessed to live where you live.
Have such a wonderful week, and maybe I will see you soon!
love ya