Monday, July 2, 2007

Letting go of things that once seemed essential ...

"What happens as you grow and mature is that there are key moments where, as individuals, we realize that the things we thought were essential are not and we have to let go of it. It was handed to us, it was taught to us, we picked it up along the way and then we realized it's not the core. Central to forward movement are those moments when we have to recover the essentials that got lost along the way ...

To know where we're going, we HAVE to know where we've been. But it isn't enough for us to go back. How are we going to carry it forward?"

Rob Bell

I'm becoming more and more accepting of the fact that things aren't how they used to be. And that's a good thing. So, while I'm trying to figure out what about my past is helpful to my journey forward, I'm also recovering things that have been lost along the way. Who knows, these burried treasures may just be the key to unlocking a mystery that I was created to discover for this particular time in human history. :)

No comments: