Friday, September 21, 2007

Fridays. Fall. Frolicking (hey, it was an F word ... it could have been worse).

It's the one morning I treat myself to the delicious aroma of Starbucks. Much to my delight, my friendly baristas greeted me with a familiar smile AND the sweet return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

I don't remember getting this excited last fall about the tasty orange beverage in my tall, environmentally conscious, cup. Perhaps it was because it was my first non-fall in California and I refused to play along with the allusion that the weather was changing. OR it could have been the obvious burn out from having spent my entire fall and winter devoted to making these tasty treats for our loyal guests.

Nevertheless, this Friday marks my first morning of crisp air, scents of spice and a hint of anticipation that ushers in ... fall.

Don't worry, I'm not delusional enough to think that our "cold front" of 65-70 degrees is an invitation to bust out the scarves and stocking caps (although my fellow Californians think otherwise).

Instead, I will retreat for a weekend in October to a little place called New York City ... all thanks to my incredibly intuitive boyfriend who picked up on my obsession with fall and my sadness that it doesn't truly exist here.

Autumn in New York? I'm in. Until then ... my cooler nights and spiced lattes will have to do!

Oh, and even though it doesn't fit with my earlier theme ... I heart NYC. ;)

2 comments:

Korey said...

I love fall! And I love pumpkin spice! And I love New York (well I know I would, if I ever get there). You are the luckiest girl in the world!

thispresentsojourn said...

Concerning the first two F Words: I agree. (though i'd never admit that i'm guilty of the third. wait.)

Say Hello to 57 E 97th St for me. That's where I grew up.