Wednesday, April 18, 2007

chasing perfect

(August 23rd, 2006)

i’ve had a strange couple of days. the closer i get to finding a lucrative, highly intriguing job, the more i thrist for music, worship and building leaders. i’m so terrified of ending up in the same state of disatisfaction that i have been prone to that i freeze in the midst of similar opportunities.

why can’t i write my own story? who developed the mold that says i should be back in corporate america so quickly? where is the line between listening to those who care about me and are wise and following my heart?

then i also think, “am i too overzealous and stubborn in my thinking that i deserve to find the right job becaue i was created for excellence and want perfection at optimal standards simply because i’m passionate about my work?” arg. here i am moving for change, for a chance to become more like christ, to become alive - fully … and i’m finding the same mediocrity and apathy as before. i refuse to belive that it’s me and that it’s merely the nature of what im seaking after.

is what i’m chasing the problem to my discontent?


… “for my God is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond what i can ask or imagine, according to his power that works mightily in me,” eph. 3:20.

is this so engraved in my heart that i cringe at settling for anything less than what brings me fully alive? and is it so wrong to hold out for that abundance at the risk of being moderately irresponsible?

No comments: