Wednesday, April 18, 2007

ok. so i walked down to my bench on the hill overlooking the ocean so that i could recap this year and dream of all that is to come in 2007. when i got there, someone was sitting on the bench. when i asked if i could sit down she said, “yes,” and we proceeded to talk about life. i mean really talk about life. at first i was thinking that this was a distraction i simply didn’t need … especially since i’m limited on time. but then something inside of my started to come alive … a part of my soul began to cling to her warmth and i felt so safe in the comfort of our conversation.

we needed each other in that moment. we were both searching for an exchange of hearts and we found it.

i began to realize on my way back home, that i don’t need to spend any more time analyzing the events of 2006. i know as well as all of you that this year has been full of anything but mediocrity. God has really presented Himself to me and has performed nothing short of small miracles in my life since this time last year. He has invited me on the biggest adventure of my life and my only desire is that i can bring others on the same journey, to walk next to me, to find Him in the questions and to come alive as we walk in the epicenter of what He is doing in and around us.

so 2007, here i come. ready to fight even harder for His renown.

this year i will sing more, learn more, experience more, embrace more, dare more, walk boldly, walk confidently, walk in humility and walk with gratitude. i will push the envelope. i will travel to places that will bring me understanding. i will dream beyond comprehension. i will hope for what is to come. i won’t look back. i won’t hold on to memorabilia. i won’t doubt that i have purpose and that i will be used for great movements. i will see God doing things that i could have never believed. i will love. i will not be normal. i will not conform. i will have more conversations that lead to transformation. i will endure pain and suffering.

i will be a barbarian. nothing less.

No comments: