Wednesday, April 18, 2007

sedated

(February 2nd, 2007)

–adjective
1. calm, quiet, or composed; undisturbed by passion or excitement

this usually isn’t the way i’m described. but the past few days have been a little out of the ordinary. as i spent my last in a bed before two nights of overnight flights, i started to think about something really interesting. here i am about to fly to india for business … living out a dream that has played out over and over in my mind since i was little (to be an independent, international business woman) … and i just think to myself, what if i don’t end up performing to the caliber that i performed so many times in my dreams?

i’d like to think that i’m in an honest quest each day to move one step closer to reaching my full potential and that this is just another moment in that journey that will catalyze my passions and strengths.

but the question poses itself again as i step into the unknown … as i step into a moment greater than myself … will i be ready if someone hands me my dreams?

i hope so. because i’m getting on a plane in a few hours and i don’t want to miss my opportunity to making an impact.

No comments: